Translate

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Laodicea!...You May be Wealthy, But YOU'RE POOR!!!!

In 2010 I did a post on Tyler Perry's confession to Oprah Winfrey, called "Tyler Perry & The Placed Of Parted Company". In that post I praised Perry for his open confession of the sexual abuse and molestation that he had suffered as a child and stated that I am not willing to throw him under the bus because of what many held to be his speculative sexual past, especially in light of what he had suffered both as a child and young adult. 

I yet praise that confession, because the cesspool of sexual abuse is devastating and no child or person deserves to go through life changing events such as those in any way. However, over time, there has been additional information revealed that I believe adds context to both past and historical events regarding the issue and what we have become to accept as the "Christian "church. 

Follow The Timeline

First, looking back, Tyler, according to his statements during that period of time, was in a relationship with whom I believe we can safely assume was the woman currently carrying his child, Gelila Bekele. I say safely assume, because in a 2011 interview in Ebony Magazine, Tyler did not actually say who it was that he "thought" was pregnant by him even though he claimed that she was "really special" to him. 


In a 2011 recap, THEYBF.COM recorded the August 2011 Ebony article as stating:
"Back in December, when we thought we were having a kid, I got overwhelmed." 
"We" (the interviewer asked) Is there a woman in your life?" 
"Yeah" he responded--smiling yet not elaborating. 
He (Tyler Perry) says, "she is really, really special. It's the longest relationship I've been in, largely because I don't feel any kind of marry-me-now pressure from her".

As you can read, Tyler marveled at how this "girlfriend" was so accommodating and understanding to him and his circumstance and offered no "marry me now" pressure. 


FAST FORWARD To 2014:

Currently, according to BEAUTYWORLDNEWS.COM, citing MediaTakeout, Mr. Perry, at his 45th
birthday celebration, broke the new news that he was expecting a child by Gelila Bekele who Perry claimed was very excited and happy about the child as well. When asked in a subsequent interview how he and his "girlfriend" were doing in light of their expectant child, Tyler said:
"Good, good. We're good. Very happy. She's excited, I'm excited so we're very happy,"~ Tyler Perry via John Carucci The Associated Press 9/26/2014.
However, the previous article claimed that Perry and Bekele were NOT in a relationship other than having a baby, stating that she came to the event with her new boyfriend:
"But the woman who is carrying Perry's child, the 28-year-old Ethiopian model Gelila Bekele, was reportedly at the birthday bash with her boyfriend, who is not the "Madea" mastermind, suggesting that the pregnancy is some sort of arrangement."
So IF the information is accurate, Bekele is NOT his girlfriend, as the questions have been stated, and Tyler is having a baby by someone with whom he is not in relationship with, nor is expecting to be in relationship with. What is really eye-opening, and further drives home the point of my last statement, is that Perry also took the event to make it a "coming out gay" party as well. According to the stated sources:
"MediaTakeOut's insider noted that Perry was enjoying his party with his new beau."Tyler's boyfriend was a muscular lite skinned man,..." the source said. "Tyler wasn't even trying to pretend... they were BOO'D up all night."..."Tyler is very private. I've always HEARD he was gay, but I've never seen him out publicly with a boyfriend," added the eyewitness."
Now, since 2010 Tyler has evidently been in relationship or seeking to expand a relationship with his lover. Whether that lover was male or female is the question. It seems that Tyler has joined the ranks of what are now called "gay-Christians". 

However, someplace in the middle, Tyler firmly established a relationship with Billionaire Oprah Winfrey and gained access to what critics say is arguably the fasting growing individual church in the United States, the Potter House of Dallas, TX., Pastored by Bishop T.D. Jakes.

Jude 1:4 ~ For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Somehow, even in all this confusion done in plain sight, Tyler managed to be hailed for his stage plays as an "instrument of God" in the entertainment industry, partner and associate with the nations most wealthy entertainment entrepreneurs, and become a trusted spokesperson and dispenser of spiritual truth, making sterling proclamations at Whitney Houston's funeral and even laying hands on Bishop Jakes to the point of a spiritual "anointing". I covered that in my 9/2013 article "From Mega Fest To Mega Controversy"

It is clear that money, fame and popularity allowed Tyler to "creep" to the top of what many say is the "Christian world" all without anyone stopping to examine, check, or even ask what was going on. He crept in on the backs of the church's most elite pulpits. I am not saying that Tyler is a devil or that he intends evil, although I do believe that the fruit that he has produced is inconsistent with biblical Christianity. 

So let us examine that fruit for a minute:

The FRUIT...

In the previously mentioned 9/2013 article, I conclude by pointing out that realness of a thing will be determined by the "fruit" that comes from it. That fruit of this complete fiasco is beginning to show. It begins with a clear confession of faith. I only say this because many people contend that Tyler Perry has never said that he was "saved". I beg to differ and offer proof of that below.  

When asked about the role and relationship of faith in Christ in his life Tyler Perry stated:
"It is extremely important. I am a Christian, I am a believer, and I know had I not been a person of faith, I couldn't be here in this place, and I wouldn't be walking the path that I'm on now. And I think the greater good of the path I'm on now is to teach people to learn to forgive and move on, in a way that's done through the healing power of humor." ~ Beliefnet.com (Diary Of A Faithful Black Man)
I don't know how much more clear one can be. I believe that at least Tyler believes that he is a Christian. However, does the fruit of his actions resemble Christianity or Christian behavior in any way? 

In dealing with the current situation only:
  • In October 2010, Tyler confesses to Oprah that he was sexually abused and molested as a child and young adult. Admitting that he has struggled with his sexuality, even sexuality toward men because his body "tricked" him. 
  • Tyler states that prior to his confession, the relationship with this "really special" person was on the rocks, but enjoyed a serious rebound due to his openness on the show and in public.   
  • Aug. 2011 Tyler confessed that by December 2010 he was back in relationship with a "really special" person and believed her to be pregnant.
The Christian world does not say a WORD!
  • In February 2012 Tyler Perry speaks at the Whitney Houston funeral placing her in heaven and, according to many, "preaching" under the anointing in displaying his gospel message. 
  • At Mega Fest 2013 Tyler Perry lays hands on Bishop Jakes at his own conference to which Jakes nearly falls out under the power...
  • Sept 13th, 2014, Perry's birthday, according to sources (as previously stated), Tyler Perry makes a double announcement at his birthday party, that 1- a person is carrying his child that he is not married to. 2- That he is gay and has a gay lover.  
The Christian world does not say a WORD! Further, his fans, many of whom claim to be Christians, defend him and his actions vehemently!

Oh Laodicea!

Revelation 3: 15-22 ~ 15-I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16-So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17-Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18-I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19-As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20-Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21-To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22-He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Now, lets be real for a second. Outside of the material success of this man and many of his associates, does anyone want their children to follow this path of the path of the elite named herein? Why or why not? I would certainly like to know. 

Blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've switched to real time comments for most posts. Refresh your screen if you post and do not see it right away. Please send me an email if you try to post a comment and cannot do so. Dunamis1@netzero.com. Thanks.