Translate

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sexual Abuse & Silence STILL Doesn't Mix

Catholic Archbishop Robert Carlson claimed in a recent sworn deposition and testimony, that in the 80's, while he was Chancellor of the diocese of Minneapolis and St. Paul, that he was unaware that sexual molestation of minors, or pedophilia was a crime.
 


How convenient it is to forget events and remain silent about what you know when your back is against the wall...For the Catholic Bishop in the video, I think with all that he didn't know, it probably would have been more easy to ask him what he did know...That list may have been much more short and simple to understand.

While it is difficult to remember details to conversations and actions that occurred nearly 30 or so years ago, it is all too corporately acceptable to hold to ignorance and obfuscate when all else fails...The only problem is that whatever was true then, should be true now and only a 'lie" needs to be "touched up" or refreshed.

~~My Mock Interview With Carlson~~
Me: Bishop, since you seem to have forgotten so much, do you know or remember the WORD of God? 
Bishop Carlson: I don't remember that either? 
Me: Well that is obvious...I just thought you may have forgotten that you forgot and remembered by now.... 
Bishop Carlson: Well, that makes sense...I think I remember that...
Arguably, his deposition seems to be a crime itself. It is it below, if you have about 3 hours to kill... but first...

The COGIC Challenge....

Burnett Testimony In High Profile Case
I was deposed in a setting of this sort. I was deposed regarding events that I had not witnessed, but was versed on when it came to sexual abuse and certain actions and procedures within our church. Except, my deposition was much longer...it was about 5 hours. 

Before I could complete the final 2 hours, the church...YES the Grand Ole COGIC SETTLED with the persons who were suing them, and in the process, demanded a gag order, or an order of silence upon the "victims" or "plaintiffs" with whom they settled. In other words, the church took out the Grand Ole Checkbook, the victims got paid, shut-up according to order, and my 5 hours never saw the light of day. That's OK.

Gate-Way To The Midwest

Now, it is interesting that this Catholic Bishop, is now in St. Louis, MO.  For those who don't know, St. Louis is the current home of the COGIC Holy Convocation. The Holy Convocation is COGIC's largest and most important annual convention or meeting. 

My question is will COGIC, since it presents such an influential event in St. Louis, MO.,  make a statement condemning sexual abuse of all kinds? Since they have failed to do so previously even regarding atrocities which have arisen from our own ranks, I would implore and urge officials that understand the seriousness of these issues to make and take a stand.   


I CHALLENGE COGIC to SPEAK UP and take a position on this matter and other matters of sexual abuse in favor of victims rights. Further, I CHALLENGE the leaders of our church to take an open stand against abuse or all forms both inside and outside of the church and take a vocal and active role in bringing deliverance, help and healing to the VICTIMS (Remember those who have been damaged by the perverted actions of others?)
I have done my best to make this so and will continue to advocate as strongly as I am able. I Am My Brother's Keeper Christian Advocacy Council, plans to speak up once again at the 2014 Holy Convocation. It is my hope that our COGIC officials will join me in this effort and also take a serious look at the victim's advocacy proposal that I have presented to certain "high level" officials within the church. 

It is ABSOLUTELY foolish to continue to do the same thing and expect different results... Do the right think and make molesters and predators know that their day is ended!

Blessed!

Bishop Carlson's Full Deposition  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've switched to real time comments for most posts. Refresh your screen if you post and do not see it right away. Please send me an email if you try to post a comment and cannot do so. Dunamis1@netzero.com. Thanks.